Our mission is to facilitate the positive development of youth for the benefit of youth, their families, and the community by fostering and promoting the value of education, through sponsorship of academics, life skills, cultural arts, and athletic programs. These programs focus on the development and growth of individual character, responsibility, and group interaction for at-risk youth.
• Access to CAYA’s Homework Café.
• Participation in CAYA’s special academic hour.
• Usage of CAYA’s in-house library.
• CAYA’s technology and computer center.
• Referral information about other community resources.
Please fill in all information on this application.
CAYA is committed to a safe and drug free environment, please see the CAYA Code of Conduct for more information.
Release of Information
By submitting this form, you and your student agree to the CAYA Code of Conduct, Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct, and Student Code of Contact listed below. – Please read through at the bottom of this page and submit your application. We are looking forward to meeting you and making you a valuable part of CAYA!
CAYA Code of Conduct
• A key element to the success of CAYA is the ability to establish an environment where our youth feel safe to take positive risks and live up to their fullest potential. CAYA works in partnership with parents, volunteers, and staff to create a learning atmosphere that is both fun and educational, yet challenges students to respect each other and meet high expectations. To support this effort, CAYA has developed the following Code of Conduct, which we hold everyone responsible to.
Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
• Upon notification of problems with your child, you must contact CAYA staff within 2 working days (Monday – Friday 2:30 PM – 6 PM). If not, your child will be refused admittance until this is done.
• If your child is expelled for any reason, you will be required to meet in conference with a staff member with your child before they can be re-admitted.
Student Code of Conduct
• Students are expected to sign in and out each day that they attend the program.
• Once a student is in the building, there will be no exiting until the end of the program, unless the student has staff permission, or parent permission. If a student leaves the building without permission, they will not be allowed to re-enter, and a telephone call will be made to their parent/guardian.
• Students are not allowed in the building outside of normal business hours (Monday – Friday 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM) except with prior permission from a staff member.
• If a student does Not have any Homework, they will be required to work on supplementary materials that staff/tutors will provide. If a student is not willing to participate, they will be asked to leave.
• Homework time is from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM daily
• Students must obey Staff Members and Volunteers at all times.
• No Smoking, No Drugs, No Alcohol allowed on the premises.
• No Physical Contact with any other students or Staff Members.
• No Running in the Building at any time.
• No entering or looking into opposite sex bathrooms.
• We need to be able to see two (2) separate bodies at all times.
(This means no extended hugs, no sitting on laps, no wrestling or horseplay)
• The sitting on anything other than chairs, couches or the floor is not permitted
(This means do not sit on tables, desks, the pool table, etc.)
• The presence of Food or Beverages in the Computer Lab is NOT permitted.
• Only one (1) student per Computer
• Playing the piano or other music is not permitted except during free time unless it relates to special CAYA programs.
• The use of physical violence, fighting, or the possession of weapons is NOT ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
• Disrespect for property is not permitted.
• Profanity and Vulgar language is not permitted.
• Disrespect for CAYA Staff members or Volunteers will not be tolerated at any time.
• Name calling, the use of racial or ethic slurs or sexual harassment, whether in jest or ridicule is not permitted.
• Behavior that disrupts the learning of others is not permitted at any time.
• Animals and pets are not allowed in CAYA at any time.
• Inappropriate clothing is not permitted at any time